Build your law business with these independent lawyer networking resources
Any business owner will tell you that a strong network helps business development flow more smoothly. The professionals you know can offer both business advice and potential business. These independent lawyer networking resources will help you expand your reach and build your business.
A search for Denver networking groups turns up dozens of results. You can choose a group based on the best location or time of day for you, or you can select one that reaches a specific target audience.
Try to focus on one or two groups, and make sure you use your time at these events wisely. A pocket full of business cards will not lead to new business, but authentic connections will. Spend time getting to know people on an individual level. Also remember to offer help and share how you can support others’ businesses. A good relationship goes both ways.
For independent lawyers, I recommend attending at least one group with a general audience. You want to meet people in all industries – not just lawyers.
Here are just a few local options to try:
- Net90, Denver Metro Chamber of Commerce, monthly networking; learn more (note: regional chambers of commerce host similar events)
- Network After Work, Denver, monthly networking events; learn more
- Certus Networking, Denver and surrounding, multiple events per month; learn more
Business and Lawyer Associations
Collaborating with other lawyers can help you land bigger contracts and more business. To connect with fellow lawyers, try these local groups:
- Colorado Bar Association, professional development and networking; learn more
- Denver Bar Association, professional development and networking; learn more
- Specialty bar associations, by practice area or specific group; learn more
General business associations can also help you meet professionals in other industries.
Conferences help you stay on top of recent developments in your practice area, earn CLE credits and meet other law professionals. Take time to map out your game plan prior to each conference to maximize both learning and networking potential.
A few law conferences of interest:
- CBA-CLE Inaugural Solo-Small Firm Institute; Cheyenne Mountain, June 12-14; learn more
- ^elevate 2019, conference for lawyers; Denver, June 20-22; learn more
- National Solo & Small Law Firm Conference; Orlando, December 2019; learn more
In addition to law conferences, consider attending general conferences for business professionals or for any industry that would fit your target client base.
Of course, we believe a coworking space offers the best possible networking. Coworking not only helps you mingle with other professionals on a daily basis, but it often leads to deeper business relationships than in any other setting.
LawBank offers three coworking spaces for lawyers in Denver:
- CoBo, Colorado Blvd. and Mexico Ave. in south Denver; learn more
- Uptown, Sherman and 19th in central Denver; learn more
- Vista, in the cash register building at 17th and Lincoln; learn more
Whether you choose a private office, suite or a coworking desk, our locations foster a collaborative work environment that can boost your law business.
To learn more about LawBank and lawyer coworking in Denver, contact us.